WHAT: The NCDOT will hold a meeting to share proposed plans for the “Glenwood/440 Interchange and U.S. 70 (Glenwood Avenue) that could have negative impact on our neighborhood. NCDOT will be available between the hours of 4 p.m. and 7 p.m. to answer questions and receive comments relative to the concepts. Attend at any time during these hours. No formal presentation will be made.
WHEN: Tuesday June 25th 2019 from 4pm-7pm
WHERE: Hilton Garden Inn, 3912 Arrow Drive
WHY should you attend? To support concepts with low impact while voicing concerns for those with heavy impacts, including concepts that encourage drivers to use Ridge Rd as an alternative to the Beltline and those concepts that destroy our tree buffers and replace them with enormous, elevated roadways.
This said, we as residents of Ridge Road and nearby neighborhoods, want to ensure:
* That any NCDOT proposals not close Varnell Avenue and alter Ridge, doing so will further motivate drivers to speed - turning our neighborhood road into a highway. It will also force more traffic through the smaller, residential streets.
* That any NCDOT proposal makes every effort to mitigate the impact on our neighborhoods by preserving existing tree buffers and installing additional buffers such as sound walls and additional trees.
* That any NCDOT proposal leave intact all homes at the north end of Ridge Rd and Varnell, the Varnell Park, and all the trees at the Ridge Road/Coggins Farm.
* That any NCDOT proposal excludes plans that locate elevated roadways directly beside our residential neighborhood.
* Must consider the safety of local residents, particularly our most vulnerable road users - The children of Lacy Elementary School, Martin Middle School, Highland United Methodist Church preschool, Ridge Road Baptist Church preschool and Raleigh Moravian Church preschool.
Please join us in attending this very important public meeting so that the City of Raleigh and the NCDOT work with us, not against us by forcing destructive changes that directly threaten the integrity and safety of our neighborhoods!
To view, print or download concept maps visit: https://www.ncdot.gov/projects/i-440-glenwood/Pages/concept-maps.aspx
*******Cannot attend? Submit written comments via phone, email or mail by July 25, 2019. For additional information or to mail comments, contact: David Stark, NCDOT Project Manager at 919-707-6605 or via email email@example.com
3912 Arrow Dr
Raleigh, NC 27612
Google map and directions